Wednesday, September 17, 2008

LOVE SWAROVSKI CRYSTALS




Swarovski crystals are in so much of my jewelry. I just can't get enough of them. This lariat made with teal and soft blue crystals is another example of how something so simple comes to life with all its sparkling crystals and bronze seed beads. This is one of my favorites, and I'll be doing more with those wonderful crystals in the future. You can find my lariat at my etsy shop http://www.bluebonnetjewelry.etsy.com/

While living in Europe, my husband and I got the chance to go to Austria and see Swarovski crystals and all that they made. They had such a variety of pieces, such as animals, jewelry that took your breath away, figurines, vases, the famous Swan, the largest crystal and much more. It was truly a memorable experience.

8 comments:

Michele Cook said...

I also love Swarovski crystals. I don't use them much yet but I keep working them into my designs. Your designs are beautiful and you make really good use of color.

BTW... my link on your blog roll isn't working. Would you please update it to http://michelecookdesigns.blogspot.com?

Thanks,
Michele

Yvonne said...

Thanks, Michele and I did change your link.

Yvonne

TeriB said...

What a beautiful, stunning lariat! Incredible way to take a very simple necklace form and make it up to date and incredible! What a wonderful eye you have for color. Teri
http://www.sandtcreations.com/wordpress

Yvonne said...

Teri, thanks for the compliment. I think I loved the color so much, I kept going and going until it was lariat.
Yvonne

Lily - Tulip's Talking from the said...

Your creations are perfection. Beautiful + !!!

~Lily

Yvonne said...

Lily, thank you for the nice comment.

A Beaded Affair said...

Swarovski crystals are so beautiful I should really look into using them in my own work. Loveley necklace. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.
Lois
http://www.abeadedaffair.com

Yvonne said...

Thanks Lois for the compliment. Once you start using crystals, they get addictive.

Yvonne