Saturday, August 9, 2008

A NECKLACE WITH A LOT OF BLING


I sure had a lot of fun making this necklace. It's from a pattern by Laura McCabe from Just Let Me Bead. All my favorite beads, crystals, and pearls were used to make this striking necklace. The cabochon was beaded with size 11 and 15 seed beads then embellished with drops both on the front as well as the back. The rest of the necklace was done with a spiral rope and again embellished (heavily) with different size seed beads, pearls, leaves, flowers, and drops. It's finished with even more pearls and seed beads. All someone has to do is tie it around their neck and it's ready to go. Even though this took many hours to make, it was so much fun to do I didn't want to put it down or ever finish it. Now for my next new idea. To see more pictures of this necklace, go to my Flicker site http://www.flickr.com/photos/bluebonnetjewelry/

18 comments:

Wezz said...

ooooooh!!! I love that type of jewelry!! What a fantastic piece you made there! I know it takes ages to finish it, but it's truly a work of love, and that shows. :-))

A Beaded Affair said...

What a gorgeous piece. I don't think I have the patience to accomplish something so complicated. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Stefani said...

Your work is outstanding!

Stacie said...

Gorgeous necklace and a fantastic photo of it! I'll bet you're pleased as punch ;-)

Yvonne said...

Thanks so much for the compliment. I love this necklace and it was hard to stop adding more beads to it.

Yvonne said...

Thanks so much. Once you learn the stitches, it's quite easy. It looks complicated, but it's really not.

Yvonne said...

Thanks so much Stefini. I appreciate it.

Yvonne said...

Thanks Stacie for the compliment. I'm very pleased with it. My husband takes the photos and I do the beadwork. Works out great.

Annette Piper said...

That is absolutely, gob-smackingly amazing!!!!

ANGELAMPS said...

Yvonne! Beautiful job on the necklace! Now are you going to sell it!?

Yvonne said...

Thanks so much Annette for the compliment. It's one of my favorites.

Yvonne said...

Thanks so much Jules. I'm not sure if I'm going to sell it.

KimberlyRies said...

I can understand why you'd be attached to this necklace. Beautiful work!

Kim
http://kimberlyries.blogspot.com

Yvonne said...

Thanks Kim for compliment.

Kari Bryde said...

WOW. Really... WOW!

Yvonne said...

Thanks Kari for the compliment.

TeriB said...

How beautiful! I simply love the beauty and all the colors you have in this necklace, or should I say work of art! Very lovely work!

Yvonne said...

Thanks so much, Teri, for the wonderful compliment.